Monday 23 February 2015

Your kiss on the wind

I held you gently, a beautiful gift
How could I know that you would leave
This world so unexpectedly...
And I, now so bereft

Infectious laugh, entrancing smile,
Enigmatic presence
A breath of fresh air,
My daughter, my friend, my joy

Your season had come to change and
Your heart had cried its tears, alas,
To arrive in  a calm and peaceful place
Allowing life to resume on another plane

My daughter, my friend, my joy has gone
Making sense of loss is futile when
Each day is a memory of times past
Your laughter and joyous presence
Now just a thought away, oh please let it last.

An inspiration, friends remember.
Always helping, loving and present.
How can it be that life so full 
Can lack in some way, 
Forcing that dark departure.

Now you rest in His Devine embrace
No more pain felt in vain for you my love
Our darling daughter, sister, aunt and friend
Is now peaceful, calm and free......

My heart aches from such a heavy loss
I see you everywhere and hear your voice
And turn, you are not there, yet I feel you are.
I walk the hills and feel you close 
As the wind caresses my face 
And you kiss me once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment